Artist duplicates

Awesome, thanks guys.

Hey there team, I came across another artist that has duplicate profile today.

“Reka” and “Reka One”.

Hello Andrew,

Merged James Reka into the existing Reka One. There are 2 pieces of Reka, but regarding the description and style it’s not Reka One.
Thank you, another duplicate artist name less:)!
Have a nice weekend

Stef

Thanks Stef, but there’s always more work for you.

I cleaned up one artist name one of our previous hunters had made, moved a record to “Zedr One”, so I think you will find that “Zedr” is now an orphaned artist name (ie name with no artworks) that can be cleaned up.

Also, I noticed another artist with two different names. “Beastman” is the same artist as “Brad Eastman”.

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Hitted the delete button on Zedr:). One page couldn’t load (Brad Eastman).
Always a good help to read those things on our forum.

Cheers

Howdy,

Here are a few more duplicates that I have found during my documenting:

• Claire Foxton - appears twice for some reason

• Emmanuel Jarus/Young Jarus/Jarus - need help distinguishing which one should be used between, I’d probably go with Young Jarus.

• Poncho Army - a misspelt version “Poncho Amy” exists I think used for a silo or water tank trail.

• Beastman - a smaller profile with two artworks (Brad Eastman) should be merged, mentioned above.

I just noticed the artworks in the artist’s page are justified left. I think they should be centred? (i.e. the photos within the square)

I’ve also noticed there are a lot of Unknowns around, this artwork is definitely well-travelled in 43 different countries. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unkown is a legend in the game Briggs :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Couldn’t fix 2 Brad Eastman’s (page couldn’t load), as mentioned earlier in this thread (2 weeks ago).

The unknowns
 indeed, more and more artworks of this Artist has been uploaded:)))).
Hopefully we’ll have a solution in the future to handle these, or try to limit these uploads.
Less is more, better less but good correct informations, than an overload of unknowns artist artworks, it feels a bit sloppy?

If you guys discover unknown artists artworks, and you might know the artist
 make a thread on the forum and let us know.

Edit:
Brad Eastman 1 is fixed, the other one “page couldn’t load”.
Claire Foxton ok
Poncho A(r)my ok
Decided to use Jarus, since Jarus is tagged on the few artworks I’ve checked. 1 Jarus " page couldn’t load".

Gr Stef

again a duplicate artist and also with the same name, Rochihiro

1 Like

Fixed. A duplicate artist name less on the list now.

Gr Stef

1 Like

Stef,
There is a “blank” artist in the database “Ullar Taylor” because I had incorrectly added this a while back.

Neda (smarter than me 
 lol), correctly added “Ulla Taylor” today and I realised I had made a mistake. I blame the artist though as her Insta is @ullartaylor and her website ullart.com, but I’ve realised today that must be a play on the word ART.

Anyway, I fixed my entry to “Ulla Taylor”, so now the “Ullar Taylor” with no linked artworks can be removed.

2 Likes

Hi @Stef - couple duplicates here. I think I made one of them while figuring out the platform, apologies! I also told Stef (Carson) today about the best practices you shared on Artist field inputs.

Miles “El Mac” MacGregor - delete. Correct profile is: El Mac

Thomas “Breeze” Marcus, Thomas Marcus - merge to Breeze

Shela Yu - merge into Shellshaker

Leter 91 & Leter are one and the same instagram for reference: Gabriel Pecina (Leter91). In local media coverage he goes by “Leter” - unsure if this should be “Leter” or “Leter91” w/ space removed. You choose! :slight_smile:

Oh and Lucinda “La Morena” Hinojos is just La Morena

Thank you!

Hey Serena

Great, gonna have look at it later today.
In some cases it’s indeed not that easy to find the correct artistsname. Some artists change regularly. Reach out to the artist (via Instagram) might work maybe

Anyways, Phoenix is going crazy on Street Art Cities, love that:)!

Cheers

Edit: the mentioned names are deleted.

1 Like

Sure is a legend. In Bergen (my town in Norway) I have made “artist” Unknown Bergen" Thereby when painted over they will stay as “artist” under Bergen. This separating them from the other legendes.

1 Like

We copied this idea from you for Melbourne too Oistein, it’s a great idea. It also gives you an artist page you can go to every now and then to review, in case you can now recognise them. And you can send your “Unknown” page to other street art photographers to ask if they recognise any easily.

1 Like

Hey Stef,
Another little job for you.
We discovered we had two profiles for “MaHa” and “Matt Hannah” who were the same artist, so we moved all the “MaHa” ones to “Matt Hannah”, so the empty artist stub for “MaHa” needs to be cleaned up.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello,
Some updates for you :slight_smile:

• C215 vs U215
    I think that the artist U215 in your database is in fact C215 (existing also in database).
    The signature in the lower left can confirm that. It is the same that the one for C215.
    Portrait (n'est plus visible) by U215 - Street Art Cities
    If you agree, then this U215 should be merged into C215.

• GuatĂ© Mao vs Guate Mao
    I think Guaté Mao and Guate Mao are the same person.
    As signature is Guaté Mao , I think Guate Mao (without accent) should be merged into the other.

Regards

1 Like

Hi Arnaud,

Solved those duplicates. Thanks for flagging this. Always a big help for the mods, and the community in general.

Have you read this topic? https://streetart.community/t/artists-unknown-lets-solve-these/1990/13
? Had a brief look on Toulouse and adjusted 1 unknown into “Unknown - Toulouse” . It would be really lovely and helpful if you adjust the others as well:). Would be a good training for maybe a future quality team member?:slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend!
Cheers Stef

Thank you. I added some others in the category.

By the way, It drives to an another duplicate topic.
I think the artist “Anonyme” is not a real one.
Indeed , Anonyme is the french word for Anonymous. Then this one should be merged with “Unknown” : One for the belgian city of Liùge , the other one for an another belgian city.

1 Like

Changed Anonyme into Unknown - Liege.