JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '?'

Hello,

I started having issues with the phone app, it keeps logging me out. It takes multiple attempts to log in. After logging in, then clicking on Hunter functionality, it logs me out again… screen shot attached. The app is up to date, I made no other changes to my device.

JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token ‘?’

Regards,
Neda

Hello @Virusfreak79 ,

Thank you for reaching out and detailing the issues you’re experiencing with the phone app. I’m sorry to hear about the login troubles and the error with the Hunter functionality.

The JSON Parse error indicating an “Unrecognized token ‘?’” suggests there might be a problem with how the app is processing data. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a recent update causing compatibility issues, or a bug in the app.

We’re aware of this issue and are actively working to fix it in the next version of the app. In the meantime, we recommend using the Hunter functionality directly on our website. This should provide a more stable experience until we can resolve the problem in the app.

Additionally, you can try the following steps which might temporarily alleviate the issue:

1. Clear App Cache/Data: Go to your phone’s settings, find the app, and clear its cache. If that doesn’t work, you might try clearing the app’s data/storage, but be aware that this may delete any saved information or settings in the app.

2. Reinstall the App: Uninstall and then reinstall the app. This can sometimes resolve issues caused by corrupted app files.

3. Check for Updates: Ensure that both the app and your device’s operating system are up to date. Sometimes compatibility issues are resolved with software updates.

4. Internet Connection: A weak or unstable connection can sometimes cause these types of errors. Ensure your internet connection is stable.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated as we work towards a solution. If you encounter any further issues or have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Best regards,
Noa Heutz

1 Like

@thomas any ideas on this problem?

Hello Noa,

Internet connection good, app up to date. I deleted the app, re-installed it, logged in again. The issue remains, unfortunately.
I am not seeing the option anywhere to clear app cache. I’ve gone through all the options here. Deleting the app, then re-installing would have done that anyway, perhaps?

Regards,
Neda

1 Like

Hello @Virusfreak79

Thank you for updating us and for the steps you’ve taken to resolve the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Iam currently working on a fix for this problem. In the meantime, please use the Hunter functionality on our website as an alternative. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we address this issue.
I will update this post when the app fix is live.

Best regards,
Noa Heutz

1 Like

Hello Noa,

Any update on this issue?
I use the app predominately on my phone so this error is keeping the hunter in me grounded :sweat_smile:
Encountering the same issues.

Regards,
Neda

Good morning @Virusfreak79,

I’m addressing this issue today. However, please note that when we push an app update, it typically undergoes a review process by Apple and Google, which may take a few days. You can expect this fix to be live by the end of this week or at the beginning of next week. In the meantime, you can access the following URL on your mobile phone browser: Dashboard - Street Art Cities to view the hunter dashboard

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers,
Noa Heutz

1 Like

This works! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Hello Noa,

Any update on the fix?
Still the same issue on my end.

Regards
Neda

Hi Neda, I’ve pushed a fix for this issue this morning, it will take a bit of time to get approved and deployed, but should be live by the end of the week!