International Womens Day 2021, Art/Treasure Hunts

Hello everyone,
I have a couple of ideas running around in my mind about IWD2021 and treasure hunts:

1. IWD2021 - I have started to approach relevant people in Sheffield to discuss having a work to support this international ideal. Perhaps all SAC Ambassadors could attempt to do the same in their cities. The supporting works to be released to the public on IWD on Monday 8 March 2021. This focused launch would be a major coup for SAC’s streetart and public persona! Is this too cliched?

2. I know that artists in several cities in the UK have hidden small pieces of art and invited instagram followers to find it. The finder keeps it. The latest artist to do this was @qubekmanchester He placed a piece somewhere in Manchester and this caused lots of instagram comments! My idea is similar to above where we could invite artists to join in a SAC Treasure Hunt Day. Again our profile would be much widened!

Jim

1 Like

Treasure hunts would be amazing! If we can organise it so that about a dozen artists from all over the world place hidden pieces on the same day, that would be so much fun, and great content for the social channels of everyone involved.

Definitely let us know if there’s anything we can do to help promote any IWD2021 efforts as well, that’s what we’re here for!