A big thank you to @Ian66 who pointed this out to me…
https://www.yourharlow.com/2026/02/22/murwalls-live-is-coming-to-town-to-paint-harlows-future/
A big thank you to @Ian66 who pointed this out to me…
https://www.yourharlow.com/2026/02/22/murwalls-live-is-coming-to-town-to-paint-harlows-future/
Had a look on SAC, and there is a co.plete lack of murals (and presumably, by association, Hunters) in the area.
What would normally happen in circumstances like this? Would the place be added as a location, and then people who are attending volunteer as temporary hunters?
Usually, when I attend an event, I’ll go and take loads of photos on the day, then pop back a month later to see the completed works (and take loads more photos).
Cool! Happy to add Harlow and add you as a hunter there, if you want?
Please!
Temp hunter status will be fine, of you can grant it until the end of April? That’ll give me time to do both trips.
Looks like an interesting event! Try to squeeze it in my London street art trip end of march.
Is Penge on your to do list?
I did the route below back in late 2024, and it was still valid, although some of the artwork had changed. It proved invaluable, as some of the art is so small, you’ll easily miss it.
Done! Have set it to end at the end of May, just to be sure.
Sure;). Priority!
There is that rooftop location, this temporarly closed right?
Sadly, nothing temporary about that closure. I was fortunate enough to be there for the last day.
I was told that once the building starts getting torn down, all the security hoardings around the building works will be used for murals. Near Penge West station, around the building works on Oakfield Road and Meaford Way are more hoardings that are frequently getting changed; this is curated by the same person who curated the Rooftop Gallery and who will curate the hoardings around the old art gallery.
Well… Harlow is tomorrow. If anyone is going tomorrow, keep an eye out for me. I’ll be the big block with a black beanie-like hat, salivating over the beautiful art, trying (and no doubt failing) not to annoy all the wonderful artists with my enthusiasm for their work.
If anyone is down there, I’ll no doubt be regularly checking on this site, so feel free to drop me a private message.
Hey,
I saw your uploads, some cool stuff.
Don’t forget to use the marker tags to link all the walls to the festival.
I saw you put that info in the description, but you can also do it through the market tags
Will do. Over the next week or so, I’ll be adding the photos showing each of the artworks being created, and I’ll add the marker then. My plan is to go back in a few weeks time to get the remaining murals that either weren’t finished when I left, or I wasn’t able to photograph because my phone ran out of charge (note to self: next time, take TWO battery packs!)
I’m also going back because Gnasher told me about some updating of murals in the underpasses, and I’m not one to miss out on an invite like that!
I spread the word about SAC to as many people as I could; I really hope we get some new members as a result. A few artists had heard of SAC, and they spoke highly of you good people.
Can’t wait to pay Harlow a visit! Really good walls damn
There are apparently 4 underpasses with decent murals, but i haven’t seen those yet (I intend to!)
I understand from @Ian66 that of them is under Abercrombie Way. No idea where the others are.
I am clad I made it worth your while going to Harlow,you must of thought I was making it up.
I think you are going to do a great job highlighting a new area ,this is helping me with my recovery and I am so happy to help where I can .
I arrived at just after 8, and wandered in general direction of where I thought it might be taking place. Then I saw this…
…and I knew i was in the right spot.
So, once again, a MASSIVE thank you for the tip!
I’ve made a start on adding the Festival marker, as well as all the artwork progress photos. The way I’m laying it out is:
This will take me a while, as i took a tonne of pics. In addition, I took copious notes to ensure that if an artist didn’t want to appear, or be back of head only, I don’t accidentally post a photo that will cause a grievance.
Anyway, if you don’t mind me indulging myself, here’s an entry that I’m particularly pleased with. The pose with the shades was My Dog Sighs idea.
I’m pleased to report that all the murals from the festival have now been added, along with all the progress photos i took on the day. A big shout out to @Stef , who happened to be there last weekend and take photos of all the murals, thus enabling me to get the one photo I missed, of Sky High’s mural. (insert face palm here).
…
…
I WAS STOOD NEXT TO IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND I HAD FORGOTTEN THAT I DIDN’T HAVE THAT ONE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
Breathe, Stephen…. deep breaths…
…
…
Anyway, I’ve also added loads of other murals, including several gorgeous underpass murals. I noticed that there were at least three other underpasses prepped, so I shall probably go next month to get these ones.
So, is there any possibility of me having a more permanent Hunter status there? I’ve only temp hunter status there at the moment. I’m happy to adopt the place, at least until someone more local takes over. This place really has the mural bug!
Awesome work, those look really good!
I think it’s only fair to give you permanent hunter status for now, so I’ve just changed your access (and probably triggered a good amount of emails, because I managed to do it incorrectly twice, apologies!)
Thank you ever so much!
And I’m glad you liked the photos. I think I took well over 200 on the day of the festival; it was hard keeping track over everything and everyone. It didn’t help that some artists weren’t in their original location, and at least one artist started painting one thing, then abandoned it to paint something else. In those instances I didn’t include the early versions, as I expect they wouldn’t appreciate it.
Combine that with some artists not wanting to show their faces in photos, Gnashers map showed real names, not necessarily the artist names, it was quite the logic puzzle to get them in some semblance of order!
But I am so glad i went, even though fuel prices have sky-rocketed ![]()